Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Bye January, Hello February

Seriously, I am so glad that January is over. Between dealing with illness, lice, the stomach flu, etc. that month can just GO AWAY! I told a friend that if I could talk to the month of January, I would tell it to go away and not let the door hit it on the way out. So, SO glad that month is over!

Now onwards to February....

Source

First of all, Happy Groundhog Day! Apparently the groundhog in Pennsylvania did not see his shadow, which means an early Spring. However, the local groundhog in Columbus, did see his shadow which means 6 more weeks of winter...so who knows! LOL Spring will get here, when it gets here.

In other news, thankfully, fingers crossed, everyone seems to be on the mend from the horrible bout of stomach flu that hit our house last week. It was truly awful! I think Benjamin and I got it the hardest, but it hit everyone. Really was no fun. Being sick and out of it, really caused back-ups in cleaning and organizing and all those lovely unwritten goals that I had for myself for the new year. 

Oh well, onward and upwards I guess.

So to try to get some things done today, I figure I will write out my to-do list and see what I can accomplish.

Today I need to work on: 
  • Figure out tutoring activities for today
  • Pay Discover card bill
  • Make bed
  • Gather ALL the laundry from upstairs and take to the basement
  • Put away the folded laundry
  • Put bags in the trash cans upstairs
  • Take pictures of items for facebook selling wall and post
  • Figure out new cleaning schedule 
  • Homework schedule for Jacob (he gets homework from school, but it takes him 5 minutes to do and I want to work with him on his handwriting and writing skills)
  • Figure out activities for AHG meeting tomorrow
  • Make banana bread using old bananas 
So that gives me more than enough to work on. I need to get off of here and go get started on that laundry I guess! 


What do you have planned for today? 

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A WONDERFUL TUESDAY!!

8 comments:

  1. You poor kid. I remember the days of everyone being sick and me trying to take care of everyone while convinced I was going to die. Maybe you got all of the terrible stuff for the year out of the way in January and it will be smooth sailing for the rest of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope we got everything out of the way!

      Delete
  2. I remember the sicky weeks, now I have mother! Get busy don't make me have to come over there....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL-- Your threat of coming here must have worked because I got most of the list done!

      Delete
  3. So sorry for the stomach bug. It is the worst kid of sick, especially when it hits the caretaker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I can deal with most sickness but the stomach bug is the absolute worst.

      Delete
  4. I don't blame you for being glad January is over! February has to be better!

    ReplyDelete