Wednesday, August 19, 2015

I have a 3rd grader and a Kindergartner.....

This morning was back to school for Jacob and Rebecca. What was new and different is that they are going to a different school than they have in the past. We put them into our local public school district for a variety of reasons....

Last night, was open house for both Jacob and Rebecca. It was a culture shock for me as a mom, as the kids are going from a school that had 1 class per grade level and maybe 150 kids from Preschool through 8th grade, to a school that has over 400 students from Kindergarten through 5th grade. We met their teachers, found their lockers and got the lay of the land. Thankfully, both of their teachers seem really nice. 





This morning, I decided to walk the kids to school. We live about half a mile from the school. (I figured this would make sure that I get at least some exercise each day!). 



Both kids were super excited to head to school and once we got there, Jacob just said bye mom and ran off to play and Rebecca gave me a quick hug and said bye and went off without looking back. We did have a little drama as Benjamin didn't want to leave them and he threw a tantrum that knocked my phone out of my pocket and broke the screen....but he was good walking to and from once we were on our way.

When we picked them up from school, both kids said their days were awesome and that they had so much fun! I am so glad and so relieved! 

3 comments:

  1. Great for them! Sometimes change is hard and sometimes it's just what the doctor ordered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids are adorable. I'm glad to hear that they were both happy about going back to school. here were a few times when Anna was young that she had a fit the first day and I sent her off with a blotchy face. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! And so many changes! We started school today and I was a crying mess. The kids were totally fine. Per usual. :)

    ReplyDelete