Monday, June 1, 2015

Menu plan for the week--- Trying something new

So as most of you know...I am now officially self-employed. It is scary and exciting at the same time. One area I have to keep under control is our grocery spending, especially since we are cutting out my income and going off just my husband's. That means I need to menu plan and plan the trips to the grocery store. I have decided that I need to plan for breakfasts, lunches and dinners so that Bill and I will know what to feed the kids at each meal now that they are home for the summer.

This month I am starting out with a grocery budget of:  $380 for the month. 

I think this is totally doable as our freezer is packed with food and I WILL be menu planning each week. It is no longer an option but a necessity.

Today I went to 2 different stores to shop for what I needed to finish off our menu for the week and for milk and fresh fruits and veggies. I spent $40.21 at Aldi and $18.95 at Kroger for a total of $59.16 this week which leaves me with $320.84 left for the month. 

If only it was this easy! (Source)  


Here is our menu plan for this week: 

SUNDAY:
Breakfast: Yogurt, banana, granola bar
Lunch: PB&J Sandwiches, chips, fruit
Dinner: Spaghetti

MONDAY:
Breakfast: Cereal, banana, raspberries
Lunch: Chicken fries, green beans, and pineapple
Dinner:  Taco ring, corn, strawberries

TUESDAY:
Breakfast: Waffles and fruit
Lunch: PB&J sandwiches, goldfish crackers, baby carrots and ranch
Dinner: BBQ pork sandwiches, asian coleslaw (new recipe), sweet potatoes, fruit

WEDNESDAY:
Breakfast: Yogurt, fruit, granola bars
Lunch: Spaghettios and fruit
Dinner: Dinner at AHG Banquet

THURSDAY:
Breakfast: Cereal and fruit
Lunch: Ham and cheese sandwiches, chips and fruit
Dinner: Smoked sausage, macaroni and cheese, green beans

FRIDAY:
Breakfast: Cereal and fruit
Lunch: PB&J sandwiches, baby carrots, goldfish
Dinner: Pizza and fruit

SATURDAY:
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, toast and fruit
Lunch: Leftovers or sandwiches
Dinner: Hot dogs, baked beans, and fruit

So there you have it. Our menu for this week! What is getting fixed at your house this week? 


 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I am trying....and so far my kids haven't complained once!

      Delete
  2. I like the popsicle diet....lolz

    Please share the Asian slaw recipe if it turns out well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only the popsicle diet was realistic....lol

      The asian slaw turned out well in my opinion so I just posted a blog post with it for you! http://livingbetteronedayatatime.blogspot.com/2015/06/oriental-ramen-broccoli-slaw-my-version.html

      Delete