Thursday, May 7, 2015

The bug that keeps on giving...



Saturday, Rebecca woke up throwing up and not feeling well. After being sick all day Saturday, she woke up Sunday morning like nothing was wrong. She had caught a true 24 hour flu bug.....

Well, Tuesday afternoon, I get a call from Bill while I am at work to please come home because Benjamin was throwing up everywhere....sigh.....He seemed better Tuesday night and woke up smiling on Wednesday morning. However, just as we were getting ready to leave to take Jacob and Rebecca to school, he threw up yet again.....as the day went on though he started acting more like himself and was eating so we continued on with our Wednesday plans...including Rebecca having a softball game. 

After returning home, from softball I got all the kids bathed (they were covered head to toe in dirt!) and in bed, I settled in at the computer to research some upcoming changes in our family (which I will explain in a different post). Around 10:30 I hear Jacob calling out from upstairs..."Mommy, mommy, I threw up!"....Sigh....he had thrown up all over his bed, toys, etc. So I put him back in the tub for his 2nd bath and cleaned up the mess in his room. Thankfully Ben slept through all of this even though they share a bedroom. I then settled Jacob down on the loveseat with a throw up bucket next to him. I put a load of pukey things in the wash and I settled down on the couch for a long night. Jacob threw up 7 times between 10:30pm and 5am. It was a really long night. 

This morning, just as my alarm was getting ready to go off  so I could take Rebecca to school, my husband came downstairs....he was sick.....SIGH......

I got Rebecca up and ready for school as she had a much anticipated field trip today and as we were getting ready to leave I started feeling queasy.....I have not thrown up, but I am just feeling very queasy in my stomach area. I have to go into work for a couple hours today due to lack of coverage.....

This was already a long week (which I will discuss later) but now it is even longer......

2 comments:

  1. the joys of the travelling flu bug, I hope if you do get it, it's over and done with in a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the joys of having little kids.
    Good luck and this too shall pass....

    ReplyDelete