Friday, January 9, 2015

Another snow day.....

Source

That is me today....we have ANOTHER snow day. Not because of a huge snowfall, not because of dangerously low wind chill, but I believe it is because there is so much blowing and drifting snow on the roads and ice that it is not safe to travel. We did get about another inch or 2 of snow overnight last night, but when I looked out at 3 am our road looked surprisingly clear. Then I got a call near 6 this morning that we were on a 2 hour delay. Okay. Then I got a text around 7 that the Sheriff's office had put our county under a level 1 snow emergency, which means that Roadways are hazardous with blowing and drifting snow. Roads may also be icy. Motorists are urged to drive very cautiously. Then about 10 minutes later, I got a call that our school was closed. Looks like most, if not all, the schools in our area are closed again today. This is seriously getting old. Don't get me wrong. I love my kids dearly and I love being with them. However, they are going stir crazy because they can't go to school. It is too cold to go outside and they have played with all there toys over and over again. 


As for me, I have been able to do a few things on my to do list this week which is good, but it is not bringing in any money. I have lost 3 days of work this week due to the snow days. It stinks, but what are you going to do? 
Today, I have already made a batch of blueberry muffins. I have 1 more load of laundry to do and I will be completely caught up! Go Me! I think today will be the day that I face the budget and balancing the checkbook and pay bills. I need to set up the new sheets for 2015 for our bill paying. So I think I will do that. All I really want to do is go lay on the couch and read and do nothing but that wouldn't be making the most of the day. So off I go to do laundry and maybe get something done. Hope everyone has a great day! 


1 comment:

  1. I remember the days. Den and I were talking about how this is the first year in 20 years that I haven't had to worry about snow days or anything to do with the school system. My youngest went to college in August.
    We used to play the 30 minute game when we were going stir crazy and the kids were little. Each person would get to choose an activity and we would play it for 30 minutes. Den would usually choose for all of us to go through cookbooks and find things for us to make, I would choose cleaning. LOL no one ever got on board with that one. I would choose a Sponge Bob cartoon and a cuddle. Anna had us doing crafts and DJ would have us playing dance dance revolution. It was our made up family game but it was fun.

    ReplyDelete