Thursday, December 4, 2014

Blogmas 2014: Day 4: Favorite Christmas Music


I couldn't wait for this day...One of my favorite things about Christmas is the music. I typically start listening to Christmas music the week before Thanksgiving and love it!

There are a few songs that I REALLY LOVE to hear at this time of the year....

This is one song that I absolutely LOVE! This is probably my favorite rendition of "Mary Did You Know". I love the use of both Kenny Rogers and Wynonna's voices blending together.


After The Grinch movie with Jim Carrey came out, I fell in love with this song. I believe that I played it over and over and over that year!


Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers' Christmas songs bring back so many memories from childhood Christmases. Love them!


And FINALLY....What I think is my ALL TIME FAVORITE CHRISTMAS SONG....
I love Josh Groban's version! Just perfection.


There is just a snippet of the Christmas music that I love. There are many songs I love to hear this time of year. I will say this though....I wish the radio stations would play the older versions of songs.... all our local stations seem to want to play are the newest, "poppiest" versions of classic songs. While there is nothing wrong with newer artists making their versions of songs, don't just throw away the old versions because many times THOSE versions are the ones that people want to hear.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Kenny Rogers and Wynonna. Thank you for posting that one, I hadn't heard it in so many years :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices! I have to say that I still love Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra. I wish I could remember where I put my Christmas CDs!! I had them at school and brought them home at the end of June when I retired and for the life of me I can't think of where i put them!!! Drat!

    ReplyDelete