Friday, August 29, 2014

Things on my mind: head cold, softball, etc.


This week has been draining. I have gotten a head cold and man is it taking it's toll. The Kleenex box is my constant companion as my nose is like a faucet. Wednesday I felt like I was draining down my throat, and by this morning my nose is just dripping and my eyes are watery and I have a headache. Fun times....not really!

I wore heels to work yesterday. I am trying to make a more concentrated effort to look more professional in my role as team leader. The good news is that I got several compliments on my outfit. The bad news is that my shoes gave me blisters on the back of my heels and on the big toe of my left food. I don't know if it was because I hadn't worn heels in a while, or if it was because they weren't stretched out, or if it was because I also had to wear them to the softball field as I had to leave work and go straight to the field for Rebecca's game and I forgot to bring shoes to change into.

Speaking of Rebecca's softball game....her team won. They are now 3-0. She didn't get any base hits last night, although she did hit the ball each time. She just hit them right at the fielders and they were able to get her out. But she is having fun and that is what matters.

Today was dress down day at Rebecca's school and she wanted to wear a dress. She can be such a girly girl at times.

Well I have a ton to do and my head is not making my to do list look any more appealing but I must run and get stuff done. I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!

1 comment: