Monday, July 14, 2014

We went on vacation...and Happy Homemaker Monday

Last week, a mere 24 hours after Hurricane Arthur made landfall off the coast of Beaufort, North Carolina, Bill and I herded the kids into the car for a lovely 12 hour drive right to that area. We booked a condo right on the beach for the week. It was our first real family vacation and let's just say that we had a lovely time, which I will be chronically over the next few days. I just got all of our photos uploaded to the computer, so will be going through those and writing up about some of our adventures...let's just say they include sharks, rays, a boat ride, and lots of time on the beach.

For now though, I am joining Sandra today over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for her Happy Homemaker Monday theme! And to keep things interesting, she has given us some new questions for this week :) 



Breakfast time, what is on the plate this morning:::: This morning I had eggs, turkey bacon, toast, a banana and a glass of orange juice.
On today's to do list:::: Benjamin had speech therapy today, I need to get some more things unpacked from our trip, and I need to purge some toys
Currently reading:::: Nothing right now....
On the TV today::::kids are watching cartoons
The weather outside is::::muggy and humid. Supposed to get some storms later that will be bringing in unseasonably cooler weather
On the menu this week::::not really sure, have a couple of ideas
If I have a few minutes to myself, I will::::read a book
Favorite photo from the camera::::

Visiting with blog friends (blog you want to share, blog post that caught your eye)::::I haven't had a chance to visit blogs for over a week as our wifi access at our condo didn't work....so I am not sure what is going on. 
Praying for::::direction for our life going forward. Where we need to be and what we need to be doing. 
Bible Verse, Devotional that is resonating me with at the moment:::: 
Psalms 107:1 O give thanks to the LORD, for he is good: for his mercy endures for ever.

Thanks Sandra for hosting! Hope everyone has a great week! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, I can't handle muggy, it drives me insane lol Looks like you had a lot of fun on your vacation ;)

    Have a wonderful week Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Sandra, muggy is awful. It's lovely when it rains and freshens everything up. x

    ReplyDelete